Ida Hardware Supports farms of all sizes
Regardless of herd number or land size, Ida functions effeciently on farms both big and small!
Ida’s sturdy sensors fit onto a collar around the cow’s neck. All data collected is analysed and provides insight and actions to the farmer through easy to understand data visualisations on their smartphone/tablet.
- Neck Mounted sensor, no requirements for orientation or counterbalance weight,
- Simple to install and non-invasive,
- Battery life of ~3-5 years, replaced free of charge as long as use subscription is active,
- Measures 7 distinct behaviors (more than any existing competing solution): Eating, Ruminating, Walking, Standing, Laying, Chewing count and Idle. New behaviors are constantly being added as our sensor is a learning-based system,
- Support for pasture-based systems,
- Works on any internet connection or 3G/4G router systems,
- Range of 1KM+,
- Waterproof, shock proof and tested extensively on existing farms,
- All-inclusive sensor warranty.
The base station
Ida trackers transmit data to the base station, the base station sends the data to the cloud.
- Hub based model allows Ida to be used in all types of dairy systems:
- free-grazing, free stall, etc.
- Designed to be used in industrial environments.
- Processes up to thousands of concurrent sensors.
- Remote field access points integrate with the base station to enable coverage of large areas.
- Requires wired internet access.
Field Access Points
No farm is too big or too small for Ida. By making use of remotely managed field access points, Ida is sure to capture all of your cow’s data.
- Remote radio stations that help cover large farms and grazing environments.
- Built for ‘plug and play’ operation.
- Solar powered versions also available for coverage of large areas.
- Remotely managed.